Recipe: Panna Cotta with Orange Syrup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cream
- 4 oz. gelatin powder
- 4 Tbsp. caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 Tbsp orange blossom water (buy at natural food stores, Mediterranean grocers or online)
- 12 fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1 mini-seedless watermelon, cut into triangles
- 2 Tbsp. orange zest
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup fresh-squeezed orange juice
Soak gelatin in cold water 5 minutes, then strain through cheesecloth that has been soaked in hot water and wrung out. Heat milk and cream in a saucepan over low heat. Add sugar and stir until dissolved. Add strained gelatin and stir until dissolved. Pour mixture into four lightly oiled ½-cup ramekins. Refrigerate 6 hours or overnight.
To assemble, turn panna cotta onto a plate.* Place cut watermelon and strawberries next to the panna cotta and drizzle all with syrup, arranging orange zest decoratively on top of panna cotta.
*Tip: To easily remove panna cotta from ramekin, run a knife tip around the edge and dip the base of the ramekin in hot water for 30 seconds before turning out onto plate.
Nutrient analysis per serving
Carbohydrate 43 g
Fat 28 g
Phosphorus 108 mg
Potassium 201 mg
Protein 5 g
Sodium 55 mg