Recipe: Pasta Salad Nicoise
- 4 cups cooked small shell macaroni
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cups fresh haricots verts (French green beans)*, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ cups lemon juice
- 1/3 cups olive oil
- 2 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 7 ¾ oz. tuna, cooked without oil or seasonings (may use canned, water-packed, drained)
- 1 tsp. fresh basil
- 5 scallions, chopped (both green and white parts)
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Toss pasta with 1 Tbsp. olive oil in a bowl and set aside. Blanch green beans in boiling water for 2 minutes. Transfer to colander and cool under cold, running water. Drain.
- In a large bowl, combine green beans, lemon juice, 1/3 c. olive oil, mustard, parsley and basil. Add tuna, green onions, pasta and pepper. Toss, then cover and chill at least 1 hour.
*If you cannot find haricots verts, substitute any other kind of fresh green beans.
Nutrient Analysis per 1 ½ cup serving
Carbohydrates 25 g
Fat 16 g
Phosphorus 130 mg
Potassium 293 mg
Protein 15 g
Sodium 135 mg