Recipe: Vegetables and Rice Skillet
Makes: 3, 3/4 cup servings
Calories: 135; Cholesterol: 5 mg; Carbohydrates: 28 g; Potassium: 160 mg; Calcium: 26 mg; Fat: 2 g; Sodium: 20 mg; Protein: 2 g; Phosphorous: 60 g; Fiber: 1 g
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 medium carrots (sliced)
- 2 cups cauliflower (flowerets)
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley (minced)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat,
- saute onion in butter until tender.
- Add carrots and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the
- cauliflower, rice and garlic. Add broth and bring
- mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer covered for 20-25
- minutes or until rice is tender. Remove from heat,
- stir in parsley and pepper. Serve.